Happy Sunday Mighty Hawk Band!
Congratulations to The Mighty Hawk Band for a great exhibition performance at our home show this past Saturday. We got some great feedback from the judges and finally got the opportunity to perform the Introduction, Opener, and Ballad all in the same performance. A very special congratulations goes out to all of our Freshman for performing in their 1st Marching Band Contest!
I’d like to personally thank everyone for putting on a great BISD Marching Festival! The directors of all the participating bands were extremely complimentary of how well the festival ran despite the weather delays.
We’re looking forward to a great week of rehearsals, the Battle of the FACC / BHS vs. Richland Game this Friday, and our 2ndcontest of the season at the HEB Marching Festival this Saturday.
The Schedule for the week is as followed:
Monday – Rehearsal
· 3:30 – 6:30pm (Varsity Only)
Tuesday – Rehearsal
· 3:30 -6:00pm (Varsity Only)
Wednesday – Region Sectionals / TMEA Area Jazz Recording Session
· 3:00 – 4:00pm Clarinets, Flute, Tenor Trombones
· 4:00 – 4:45pm Trumpet, Oboe, Bass Trombones
· 3:00 – 4:45pm Percussion
· 5:00 – 10:00pm AREA Jazz Recording Session in the BHS Band Hall
Thursday – Rehearsal
· 3:30 -4:15pm Spirit Show
· 4:15 – 6:00pm Varsity
Friday – BHS vs. Richland
· 3:00 – 3:45 Rehearsal
· 3:45 – 5:45pm Go Home, Shower, Eat Dinner
· 5:45– 6:30pm Band Hall Opens / Get Dressed / White Band Shirt
· 6:30 – 6:40pm Inspection
· 6:40 – Head to FACC (We’re the away team)
· 7:30 – Game Time
· 10:30pm ish – Game Ends
· 10:45pm ish Parent Pick up
Saturday – HEB Marching Festival
· 6:15am Band Hall Open / Get Dressed in Halfs / Take Jackets and Hat Boxes to FAAC
· 7:00 – 8:00am Rehearsal in the FAAC
· 8:00 – 8:40am Load Truck
· 8:40 – Depart for Pennington Field HEB
· 8:55 – Arrive and Unload
· 9:30am Warm-Up in Area B
· 10:00am Warm Up Ends
· 10:05am Arrive at Gate
· 10:15am Performance
· 10:30am Load Truck / Load Buses
· 11:00 Depart for BHS
· 11:15pm Back to BHS Band Hall / Debrief / Dismiss for Afternoon / Band Hall Closes
· 4:30pm Band Hall Opens / Get Dressed
· 5:15pm Announcement of Finalist Bands
· If we advance to Finals, the Evening Schedule will be based on our performance time
· If we do not Advance to Finals, we will group dismiss and go home
HEB Marching Festival – Please come out and support the Mighty Hawk Band as they compete at their first marching contest of the season this Saturday at the HEB Marching Contest. We are 1st on in the preliminary competition out of 22 performing bands, and we need a great audience to yell and cheer for us to let the judges know that we should move on to the finals competition that evening. The top 10 scoring bands from the preliminaries will advance to the finals competition. Come out and cheer for us. You can make a huge difference!
Academics / No Pass No Play – it’s the final week of the 1st six weeks grading period and I want to remind everyone of the Texas State law “No Pass, No Play”. At the end of each six weeks grading period, anyone with a grade of 69% or below will be considered “ineligible” to participate in any extra curricular / co curricular activities. The only classes that are eligibility exempt are “AP Courses”. This is do or die week. We can’t afford to lose anyone due to not passing our classes. If you do fail, you will be ineligible to participate in any of the remaining football games or marching contests, and yes, that includes the trip to St. Louis. Don’t get bit by your grades. Let’s get it done folks!
See you guys tomorrow!
Director of Bands
Birdville High School
Birdville Independent School District