Happy Sunday Mighty Hawk Band!
I hope that everyone had a restful and fun-filled Spring Break and is ready to push on towards the end of the year.
Congratulations go out to all three Concert Bands for doing a wonderful job at the Birdville High School UIL Preview Concert the Thursday before Spring Break. Each band played very well and we heard nothing but wonderful feedback from the parents and alumni that were in the audience.
We’re very excited for our second clinic with Mr. David Burks tomorrow, and our Pre-UIL Contest this Thursday at Haltom High School.
The Schedule for the week is as followed:
Monday – Clinics with Mr. David Burks
- All Three Concert Bands with have Clinics with Mr. Burks during their Band Classes
- 3:00 – 5:00pm – Wind Ensemble Clinic with Mr. Burks
- 5:00 – 7:30pm – Winterguard Rehearsal (Birdville High School Gym)
Tuesday –Winter Guard Reharsal / Wind Ensemble Woodwinds
- 3:00 – 4:15pm – Wind Ensemble Woodwinds
- 5:00 – 7:00pm – Symphonic Band Rehearsal
- 5:00 – 7:30pm – Winter Guard (Birdville High School Gym)
Wednesday – Wind Ensemble Brass / Symphonic Band Percussion
- 3:00 – 4:15pm Wind Ensemble Brass
- 3:00 – 4:40pm Symphonic Band Percussion Sectional
Thursday – BISD Pre UIL Contest
- Haltom High School Auditorium
o 3:30pm Concert Band Stage Performance
o 4:00pm Concert Band Sight Reading
o 5:00pm Symphonic Band Stage Performance
o 5:30pm Symphonic Band Sight Reading
o 7:30pm Wind Ensemble Stage Performance
o 8:15pmWind Ensemble Sight Read
o Each band should follow their individual itineraries
o Dress for the Contest is Formal Concert Attire
Friday – Jonathan Shier Competes in The National Trumpet Competition
- Wish senior trumpet player Jonathan Shier good luck as he competes at the National Trumpet Competition in Denver Colorado. Jonathan is competing for the title of “Best High School Trumpet Player in the Country” as well as Prize Money, and a new Trumpet!
BISD Pre-UIL Contest – Please plan to attend the BISD Pre-UIL Contest this Thursday in the Haltom High School Auditorium. All three Concert bands will be performing their 2017 Concert Programs for a very knowledgeable panel of judges who will give us feedback on our performances. All three Concert Bands will also go through the UIL Sightreading process for the judges in the Haltom High School Band Hall. All parents are encouraged to come to the sightreading room as well. We hope to see you there!
NTCA Winterguard Championships Update – WE NEED YOUR HELP!!! We are still in need of many volunteers to help us host the NTCA Winterguard Championships on Saturday April 1st. This is our biggest fundraiser of the year and we need you to make it a success. We are roughly 100 volunteers short!!! Please contact Rebecca Wong at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Marishel Tapia at (email@example.com) to volunteer a few hours of your time. Remember, we can’t do it without you. Thank you in advance!
For the most up to date information – Just as a friendly reminder, please find the most update information on the Mighty Hawk Band at www.MightyHawkBand.com or follow us on Facebook (Birdville HS Mighty Hawk Band)
See you guys tomorrow!
Mike Cheripka Director of Bands Birdville High School Birdville Independent School District