Happy Sunday Mighty Hawk Band!
We’re looking forward to a great 1st week of school with our Preview Show Performance Thursday Night.
The Schedule for the week is as followed:
Monday – Rehearsal
· 3:30 – 6:30 Contest Show (Varsity Only)
Tuesday – Rehearsal
· 3:30 -5:30pm Spirit Show / Drill Team / Section Features
· 5:30 –6:00pm Contest Show (Varsity Only)
Wednesday – Region Band Sectional
· Required for Wind Ensemble (all Welcome)
· 3:00-4:00pm Clarinets – Cheripka, Flutes – Chang, Tenor Trombone – Hackworth
· 4:00 – 5:00pm Trumpets – Cheripka, Oboe –Chang, Bass Trombone – Hackworth
· 6:30 – 7:00pm Drumline Performance at “Meet the Hawks” night
Thursday – Preview Show
· 5:30pm Call Time – Please come already dressed in Show Shirt and Band Shorts
· 6:00pm Inspection – BHS Cafeteria
· 6:15pm Head to Warm –up (Bring your Water Jug)
· 6:30pm Gates Open and Dinner is Served
· 6:30pm Warm UP Begins
· 7:20pm Head to FAAC
· 7:25pm Gate
· 7:30pm Preview Show Performance!!!
· 8:30pm Preview Show Ends / Necklace Ceremony
· 8:45pm Dismissal from the FAAC
Friday – Rehearsal
· 3:30 – 5:00 Contest Show (Varsity Only)
Class Room Supplies – Every year we ask each member of the Mighty Hawk Band to bring a classroom supply donation during the 1st week of school. This year, we’re asking each member to bring 2 cases of water (24 bottles) and 1 package of BIC #2 mechanical pencils. We’re asking to have these before this Friday’s 1st game if at all possible. Thank you so much for your help!
End of Summer Band Preview Performance – Please join us this Thursday evening at 7:30pm in the BISD FAAC for our annual End of Summer Band Preview Performance Sponsored by Raising Canes Chicken. We will be performing our 2017 Spirit Show, Section Features, and of course part of our 2017 Contest Show “Bridged”. As always, the performance is free, but you’ll need to purchase a ticket to eat dinner with us. All proceeds of the Raisin Canes Dinner go directly back to the Mighty Hawk Band so we hope that you’ll plan to eat dinner with us before the performance at 6:30pm!We’ll be rolling our out new line of Mighty Hawk Band Merchandise with many new items so please be sure to drop by the souvenir both before and after the event.
Volunteer Opportunity -We really need your help! We still have several positions open for volunteers for the Preview Show Thursday evening. We just need you for a short time to help set up before the fundraiser dinner, or clean up after the program. (don’t worry, you won’t miss a thing). If you can help, please contact Kim Huff at email@example.com as soon as possible! Thank you!
CDL Driver – We are still looking for someone to drive the Mighty Hawk Band 18 Wheeler this season. We received one response so far. If you have you Class A CDL and would be willing to drive to a few games or contests, please contact JD Evans firstname.lastname@example.org