Happy Sunday Mighty Hawk Band!
Congratulations to the Wind Ensemble for an incredible performance this past Friday at the Peak Music Festival held at Wakeland High School. Not only did they receive First Division Ratings from all Judges and a standing ovation from everyone in the audience (including the Judges), but were also named the Outstanding Band of the Festival! Immediately following the performance, the judges ran down to the stage to rave to the band about how blown away they were. It was a very special performance and a very special day. Congratulations guys!
Congratulations also go out to the members of the Birdville High School Winterguard for wonderful performances at the NTCA Solo and Ensemble Contest the past two Saturdays. Tayler Challis, Matylda Knypinksi, Lynzee Misseldine, Maryam Mohy, and Karina Deleon Received 1st Division Ratings on their performances qualifying them to advance to All Star Weekend! Way to go guys!
We’re looking forward to the Wind Ensemble’s final concert of the year this Tuesday, and the North Lake Jazz Festival on Saturday!
The Schedule for the week is as followed:
Monday – Wind Ensemble Rehearsal (Last one of the year!)
- 3:00 – 5:00pm – Wind Ensemble Rehearsal
Tuesday –Wind Ensemble Recording Concert @ Haltom High School
- 4:30pm – Quartermasters & Percussion Set up Stage / Unload Truck
- 5:30pm – Warm-Up / Sound Check
- 7:00pm – Concert Begins
- 7:30pm – Concert Ends / Load Percussion on Truck
- Dress is Concert Attire
Wednesday – Final Call for Fitness Gram
Thursday – Percussion Training Session
- 4:30 – 6:30pm BHS Percussion Hall
Friday – Enjoy Your Night Off!
Saturday – North Lake Jazz Festival
- 3:30pm FPJ Performance
- 4:00pm Jazz Ensemble Performance
- Look for Individual Itineraries in Class
Band Fees / Fee and Fine List – We currently have $18,700 in outstanding Band Fees. All accounts should have been paid in full back in November. Any student with an outstanding balance at the end of this week will be placed on the BHS Fee and Fine List and will be unable to take their Final Exams. Students with outstanding balances are not able to purchase Band Banquet Tickets. Any Senior with a balance due will be unable to walk at graduation. Please take care of your fees this week. Thank you.
BISD Solo Contest – We will be in need of many volunteers to host the upcoming BISD Solo Contest on May 20th. Please E-mail Ms. Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a shift. Thank you!
Graduation Band – This is just a friendly reminder that the final performance of the 2016-2017 School year is Graduation Band. All 9th – 11th grade students perform in the graduation band. Remember, graduation is on Sunday, May 28th at the Fort Worth Convention Center. Please be sure to mark your calendar to make plans to attend and yes, I know it’s memorial day weekend. J
The Count Down Begins!
- April 22nd 8th Grade Marching Clinic #1
- April 22nd 8th Annual Jazz Dinner Auction
- April 24th Wind Ensemble Soups For Scholarships Performance
- April 25th Spring Concert / Senior Recognition Concert
- April 27th New Uniform Fitting
- April 28th Wind Ensemble Peak Music Festival Performance
- May 2nd Wind Ensemble Recording Concert @ Haltom High School
- May 6th Northlake Jazz Festival
- May 8th Spring Jazz Concert
- May 9th Jazz Recording Session
- May 12th Band Banquet
- May 20th BISD Solo Contest
- May 23rd Birdville Cluster Concerto Concert
- May 27th 8th Grade Marching Clinic #2
- May 28th Birdville High School Graduation
For the most up to date information – Just as a friendly reminder, please find the most update information on the Mighty Hawk Band at www.MightyHawkBand.com or follow us on Facebook (Birdville HS Mighty Hawk Band)
See you guys tomorrow!
Mike Cheripka Director of Bands Birdville High School Birdville Independent School District