Happy Sunday Mighty Hawk Band!
Congratulations to everyone for helping to put on one of the most successful BISD Marching Contests ever. The stands were packed all day long and the contest was filled with wonderful performance from some great bands. I want to personally thank all of the students and parents who helped make the day possible by volunteering to work at the festival.
This weekend was also very special in that it was our first opportunity to unveil our new uniforms. Again, I want to personally thank our moms who donated their time and efforts to iron and steam all of the uniforms so we could wear them at this past weekend’s game and contest. They look great!
We’re looking forward to a week of performances at the BHS Home Coming Parade and Pep Rally, the UIL Region Marching Contest, BISD Band Fest, and the BHS vs. Eastern Hills Homecoming Football Game Friday night.
Schedule for the week is as followed:
Monday – Short Rehearsal / Home Coming Parade and Pep Rally
· 3:00 – 4:30pm – (Varsity Only)
· 4:30 – 5:00pm – Change into White Band Shirt and Band Shorts (All Band Members)
· 5:15pm – Lined up at Legacy Church for Parade
· 5:30pm – Step off for Parade
· 6:30pm – Spirit Show Performance in the FAAC for the Homecoming Pep Rally
· 7:00pm – Parent Pick up
Tuesday – UIL Region Marching Contest
· 3:00pm – 3:45pm – Rehearsal
· 3:45pm – Load Truck / Eat Dinner
· 4:45pm – Get dressed
· 5:15pm – Inspection (Black Show Shirt)
· 5:25pm – Depart for Pennington Field
· 5:45pm – Arrive at Pennington Field / Unload
· 6:30pm – Warm-Up
· 7:15pm – Performance
· 7:45pm – Load Truck
· 8:15pm – Announcement of 5A Ratings
· 8:30pm – Depart for BHS
· 8:45pm – Arrive at BHS / Dismissal
· 9:00pm – Parent Pick-Up
Wednesday – BISD Band Fest (Rescheduled)
· 3:00pm – 4:30pm – (Spirit Show & Varsity)
· 4:30pm – Dinner
· 5:30pm – Get Dressed
· 6:00pm – Inspection (White Band Shirt)
· 6:35pm – Warm Up
· 7:05pm – Head to Gate
· 7:15pm – Gate
· 7:35pm – Performance
· 8:00pm – Finale Mass Performance from all 7 Middle Schools and 3 High Schools Combined
· 8:30pm – Dismissal / Parent Pick Up
Thursday – Rehearsal
· 3:30pm – 6:30pm (Varsity Only)
Friday – BHS vs. Eastern Hills (Homecoming Game)
· 3:00pm – 3:30pm– Rehearsal
· 3:30pm – Go Home / Shower / Eat Dinner
· 5:45pm – Band Hall Opens
· 6:15pm – Inspection
· 6:30pm – Depart for FAAC
· 7:00pm – Contest Show Pre Game Performance
· 7:30pm – Kick Off
· 10:30pm ish
· 11:00pm – Dismissal / Parent Pick Up
Saturday – Enjoy your Well Deserved weekend off!
BHS Homecoming Parade – Each year every organization on the BHS campus is asked to host an event for the homecoming carnival. This year the BUBB is putting on a “Soda Walk”. To make this happen, we are asking that everyone bring in one 2 liter bottle of a soda of your choice. If you forgot your Soda last week, please bring it in on Monday. Thank you guys! 🙂
A message from Project Celebration – This is the last week to cast your vote for Kiss a Pig/Pie fundraiser!
Look for the display at the Homecoming Carnival on Monday, Oct 16th and at the football game on Friday, Oct 20th. It’s a close race between Drum Major, Jackson Boyd and Coach Holbrook. YOU get to decide who kisses a pig or gets a pie in the face! Put your donation to Project Celebration in the jar of your choice. The one who raises the most money “wins”! The winner will be announced at the pep rally on Friday, Nov. 10th. At 11am.
For the most up to date information – Just as a friendly reminder, please find the most update information on the Mighty Hawk Band at www.MightyHawkBand.com or follow us on Facebook (Birdville HS Mighty Hawk Band)
See you guys tomorrow!